The Phantom Foxes

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Phantom Foxes
The Phantom Foxes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phoenix Arizona

Go down

Phoenix Arizona Empty Phoenix Arizona

Post  magssdoc Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:40 am

Surely a place that would have lots to offer those looking for a good ghost walk.

www.ghostsofphoenix.com
magssdoc
magssdoc
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female
Number of posts : 5289
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Phoenix Arizona Empty Haunted locations in Arizona

Post  magssdoc Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:02 am

I've found a very helpful site called www.about.com
I keyed in a request to find hauntings in Arizona and it came up with a few.

Here's some of the stories I read on there. It is worth reading the article by Judy Hedding, she does state in her article that some of the places in Arizona cannot be visited by the public.
She has said that hauntings go on in schools, homes and hotels.

In Greater Phoenix, she mentions the Hotel San Carlos, which has an interesting history.
Before it was a hotel it was a school and some of the haunting experiences are said to be from that time.
The sound of banging doors and crying is heard.
They are blamed on two boys died when it was a school and a woman who committed suicide when the hotel was already in operation.

Chandler's High School, is said to be haunted in the north wing, the oldest part of the building.
As you would expect with a school voices are heard and there have also been sightings

I laughed when I read the next bit, that a Pizza Hut in Glendale experiences more than just the usual headaches of trying to prepare food for the hungry hoards, they have a tap that turns itself on and off.
She doesn't say whether this is in the kitchen or in the restrooms, (toilets) my money is on the toilets as more ghosts seemed to 'live' there.

I don't know about you, but when I pass on, the last place I would want to haunt would be my local school.
I don't think I would like to haunt any of my teachers, that's if any are still around, but the ghost called Dewey haunts the Deer Valley High School, he said to live in the Auditorium.

In the town of Mesa, a woman who was murdered in the park, still haunts the place she was last alive.

As common in a lot of Air bases over here, Edwards Air Force Bases has had experienced sightings and voices. It seems service people are devoted to their bases

In Greater Phoenix a little girl hit by a car, wanders the streets trying to get home.

These are just some of the interesting stories about the state of Arizona, which had an interesting past. You only have to look at Tombstone and the Gunfight at the O.k. Corral, here the settlers battled the elements of the land and the native Indians.
Tombstone it's self have hauntings reported in the Birdcage Theatre, Big Nose Kate's Saloon (Big Nose Kate is said to be Katie Elder, the 'wife' of Doc Holiday and mother of the sons in the film!) Aztec House Antique Shop, Nellie Cashman's Restaurant, the Wells Fargo Bank Building, and Shiefelinaill Civic Hall and of course Boot Hill.
Some of these locations have already been covered in books and TV programmes such as Ghost Hunters T.A.P.S.

As I said earlier, it is worth reading the article, as it gives long list of other locations that may spark your interest.
Just reading this alone proves the point that America certainly does have a history of hauntings despite being a 'new country'.
magssdoc
magssdoc
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female
Number of posts : 5289
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down