The Phantom Foxes

Sally Morgan Exposť?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sally Morgan Exposť?

Post  Sluggie on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:05 pm

Ciaran O'Keefe posted this link on Twitter. †Makes for annoying/dismayed reading I'm afraid, if it's true. †Sad

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/sep/20/psychic-sally-morgan-hears-voices

Reminds me a little of a story related on another forum, about Derek Acorah. †I'd ask why do they do it, but the answer surely is money & fame. †But its a vile way to make money as far as I'm concerned.

The link above no longer works, the thread has been left because of the discussion.
Sluggie
Shadow
Shadow

Female
Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2010-07-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Sally Morgan Exposť?

Post  magssdoc on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:25 am

This has been around on fb over the last few days.
CJ.23 has been writting about it quite a bit.
If she is fraudlent, and I hope not because she is very popular it will put back the cause of all those mediums who are genuine years. Mad
And as she claims in her book to come from a line of Mediums then she should be ashamed of herself. Sad
I am all for naming and shaming, but this has to be proven beyond a doubt.
Having done a bit of amateur theatrics myself, I know that you can overhear quite a bit if you are seated at the back of an audiotorium. And that is when the doors are closed.

However there is something to be learnt from this, I have been to see Gordon Smith a few times, and I am always surprised about how much people talk about who they expect to come through and of course all about their illnesses.
So if you go, the simple way to not get caught out is to keep quiet.
magssdoc
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female
Number of posts : 5851
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluelighttouch on Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:21 am

I always thought she was suspect and I can't stand her silly voice either...

I caught a medium out at an event, when I found he was listening to peoples conversations in the bar gleaning info.. So I set a trap for him and fed him rubbish and he fell right in hook line and sinker.. He actually tried to use this hysterical
I was able to say No! no! and no!! definately not!! when he tried to give me a reading..
I reported him to the organisers and he has never worked there since..

There are genuine Mediums around.. I know, cos I was involved in Psychic event promotion.
The Mediums I booked were adamant they wouldn't enter the premises until the audience had taken their places for fear of overhearing something...

This will do untold damage to her reputation, how could she sink so low... Disgraceful.

Bluelighttouch
Orb
Orb

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel_Kim on Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:54 am

I say inocent untill proven guilty but Sally is not one of my fav's as she goes a bit ott for my liking so cant watch her much as she winds me up. I been reading about this in the papers this week. Mags is right when you go to anything like this dont say anything about anything. The interesting thing was I was talking to someone I know this week who went to see Sally and I said did you get a reading and she said no and that you had to fill out a little card or something now if this is the case I am against this as you should not have to provide any information as you can find out so much with just a name etc.
Mel_Kim
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female
Number of posts : 4346
Sceptic Or Believer? : Believer
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  magssdoc on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:35 am

You fill out a little card!!! Shocked No wonder the critics are having a field day with this.
One of my friends is due to see her on Monday and she paid £54 for her ticket.
Now I have already said I went to see Gordon Smith and I only paid £20 for my ticket each time. There was no allocated seating which I think is great because trying to work out where someone would sit and tie in their details would be a bit of hard and stop any shenninigans.

Her voice does irritate me on tv, Cj.23 sent an email to the theatre and has confirmation that the voices heard was two of the lightening men who did not met Sally but in all things, you have to be careful and can only judge if you have had a message yourself.
magssdoc
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel_Kim on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:32 pm

I wish I would have asked her more now I will ask her when I see her next. I am sorry but £54 Shocked that is steep Shocked £20 to £25 is reasonable and like you said Mags you should be able to sit where you want apart from disabled spots etc I would always try and not pay by card for the reason that any information can be used etc so if you pay cash it cant and I never talk about anything before the demonstration starts because like you said in an earlier post Mags you dont know who is listening.
Mel_Kim
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel_Kim on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:06 pm

This is spooky post just arrived had a letter from my mate Kathy with clippings of Sally Morgan etc for me to read as she did not know if I had seen it etc she said in her note that she would not go and see Sally again as she said and I quote "I have seen Sally Morgan and I was really disapoointed as it was exactly as these say (she is refering to newspaper report) all glitzy with lots of breaks. The people I sat beside had a contact with her, but afterwards they were desperately trying to make it all fit, but said so much was wrong with what she told them.
Mel_Kim
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sluggie on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:03 am

I wish I could remember who told me the story about Derek Acorah but for the life of me I can't recall. It may have been on a forum, possibly the Tom Slemen one, but it was a highly suspicious tale.

Somebody had a friend who went to see Derek Acorah and before the show had had some drinks in the theatre bar. In the course of chatting they'd gotten talking about how they were getting nagged about not having painted the garden fence when they'd promised to do so. Nothing interesting; just general chat. Well, during the show they got picked out by Derek and in the course of his reading he said the spirit was laughing about how they'd not finished painting that fence. Now to anyone else they'd be going "Oh My God!! How could he know that?" but this person smelt a rat, what with them only just having discussed this with friends in the bar & they suspected the bar may have been bugged or maybe Derek had friends dotted around the bar, listening in on conversations.

Personally I'm not sure about this. Surely it'd take some planning to eavesdrop on somebody and then check whereabouts in the theatre they are sitting.... But it is an odd coincidence for Derek to come up with something that mundane that they'd only just been talking about.
Sluggie
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  magssdoc on Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:30 am

I've told you all before about us going to Gordon Smith, but those that have met me, know I don't speak with a Scottish accent. In fact I have little bits of accents from all over the country, (don't I my lovely Mel bigredgrin )
We saw Gordon Smith in Margate, we queued up outside until the doors opened to let us into the theatre and there didn't seem to be anyone standing around listening or in fact in charge.
When the door to the Winter Gardens was opened we had to walk down stairs to the theatre area and were allowed to pick our seats as we wished.
Now as I have said before, we changed seats three times, plus when I put my crutch on the floor it was completely covered by jackets and bags, so unless someone was very clever, and had noticed my hair colour and remembered me. They would not have been able to pick up on what we had said, very general stuff about the area etc.
I noticed on the down stage right as I looked at it, I could see a shape that looked like the outline of my dad when he was sitting down in his armchair. This shape was on the actual wall of the procunuim arch of the stage, it moved towards the stage and as Gordon Smith walked on one of the kleig lights (stage lights that are screwed onto a lighting bar blew).
Now this was a sign to me, because when I used to sing in an opera group, they always used to ask me to do the lighting check and usually a light would blow just as we were getting to the end, which would result in the whole rig coming down and the lights being unhooked as they were connected in series. Immediately I knew we would get a message also as the bulb blew, Gordon looked over in my direction, and kept staring at me until he said he was being told to get on with it.
We had our message which mentioned 'the baby that was not ready' we took that to mean our cousin Rosemary who had lost a baby not long after my dad died, but my immediate thought was 'Christina's (my niece) was pregnant. Our message was very accurate even mentioning something I had agreed with my dad before he died.
Gordon moved onto the next message and said it was for someone Scottish, which made myself and sister giggle slightly.
Both us being Scottish and born in Glasgow, Gordon mentioned he could see the water but it wasn't the Clyde it could be another river and he mentioned the Kelvin, which is the other big river in Glasgow and runs not far from where we had lived for a while.
No one was taking the message until he mentioned it was a canal, and a few other things. This message was for us, or more so for my sister who had lived with my gran in a tenement that backed onto the canal in Glasgow.
Now there was no way he could have known this detail, and yes, when Christina did have her baby, he came far too soon, but thankful Logan is with us and thriving.
To give you a bit more information, the next time we saw Gordon Smith, was in the Logan Halls, then a couple of years later, a few days before Logan was due to go into hospital for his last op, his mum went to see Gordon Smith, and got a message from him as well.
She had known she was going to get a message but had asked spirit not to tell her anything about what was going to happen to Logan.
Her message she said was very general and when she spoke to Gordon at the end, he didn't remember any of it.

So I feel, some may be tempted to 'fudge the facts' whereas others do not need to.
magssdoc
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel_Kim on Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:31 am

There are a few famous mediums out there that I am not sure of and have always felt there is something about them thats wrong call it a gut feeling but the late Albert Best (uncle of George Best) I think was one of the best mediums this world has ever had. The two living mediums that I rate are Gordon Smith and Stephen Holbrook I have seen Stephen and was amazed and I know a close friend of mine also saw him and had the most amazing reading which I cant go into as its deeply personal but take it from me he got 19/20 facts that he could NOT have known in anyway when I saw him he was fab and the lady next to me who he gave a message to said to me at the end that every word he said was true. I would dearly love to see Gordon Smith who still gives one to one readings for nothing to parents who have lost children.
Mel_Kim
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  magssdoc on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:27 am

Hopefully one day Mel you and I will be able to go and see Gordon together.
magssdoc
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel_Kim on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:20 pm

magssdoc wrote:Hopefully one day Mel you and I will be able to go and see Gordon together.

I would love that Mags
Mel_Kim
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sluggie on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:01 am

There's an interesting little article in this month's Fortean Times sort of about this. The guy writing it makes an excellent point. He says he reserves judgement on Sally Morgan as he doesn't know anything about her and has never seen her t.v. show. His problem with the whole affair is the hypocrisy of the sceptics coming out proclaiming this to be proof of Sally Morgan's cheating. He says sceptics are forever refusing to accept anecdotal evidence as proof of paranormal experiences, no matter how many statements they may be shown, yet they're proclaiming Sally Morgan to be a proven fake on the evidence of one woman, known only by her first name, who phoned into a local radio station to tell the story of how she and her friends heard somebody behind them saying things later repeated by Sally on stage. Surely this is pure anecdotal evidence that cannot be proven yet they latch onto it, suggesting that anecdotal evidence is perfectly fine as long as it goes along with their own belief system.

Have to say I read this article with a big grin on my face as I always try to be sceptical, looking for a logical explanation, but do find it hard to believe so many seemingly sane & rational people could all be mistaken or lying about having experienced paranormal activity, and it annoys the hell out of me when close minded sceptics pooh pooh all of it as delusions or fakery. Nice to see somebody pointing out the two facedness of them all in such a respected publication. bigredgrin
Sluggie
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  magssdoc on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:50 am

I am glad you posted this Sluggie, as you say too often die hard non believers, don't liked to call them sceptics because a true sceptic could be persuaded but they just don't want to believe in the possibility of the paranormal their way as deeply flawed as those who believe everything is a paranormal event.
Those who always say 'prove it with science, completely overlook that for 1000's of years science could not prove anything until Man had learnt the way to interpurt the information needed to change that theory into fact and that even then, it is sometimes argued against in their own community.
I call myself a sceptical believer and object to those who say everything is a paranormal occurrence on investigations. Yes I have seen and experienced things that I cannot explain nor been able to duplicate. Even when at another Gordon Smith event, I seemingly picked up a laugh on my digital recorder. The woman having the reading was sitting opposite me, gave me a funny look, I was so embarassed, I apologised to her at the end of the show.
She told me not too that she had recognised the laugh and it had been from the person the message was from. Now I tried to find that laugh again on my recording and stuff before it was on there but not the laugh.

I would be disappointed in any medium on tv if I found out they were fudging the information and gleaning it from the audience.
I always say, you can only really judge them by being at an event yourself and getting a message yourself. I know that I've been a place and thought that message regarding someone's health could have been for Mel.
magssdoc
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel_Kim on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:24 pm

Mags feel free to post about the message regarding me

since the dawn of time man has had paranormal events happen to them no matter where they come from what faith they have or dont have or from what race so how can thousands of peps since the dawn of time be lying etc? I hate it when a medium is found to be a fake its just the worst thing especially for those that had a message that gave hope and then that is taken away etc. I dont know if Sally Morgan is the real thing or not? I have never been to one of her shows. I do know that Gordon Smith (yes he is my fav) has been tested many times in labatory experiements and has passed but you dont here the sceptics reporting about this only if they fell etc etc. There is never enough proof for a sceptic but to be sceptical is a good thing or should I say open minded.
Mel_Kim
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  magssdoc on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:30 am

I can't remember who it was gave the message but it was either Sonia Croquette or another lady medium, I will have to ask Jeanette, she was approached during the open questions by someone who had a health problem, which turned out to be a back problem and she was being advised to have an op. This woman told her in not so many words that to rely on alternative healing instead of traditional medicine which kind of shocked me, then she mentioned that the lady had a friend who did Reiki and she was to ask for healing.
magssdoc
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel_Kim on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:53 pm

Mags its strange because my gut feeling always been saying the same thing i.e.dont have the op. It seemed at the time when I was considering it that everyone I bumped into had a horror story to tell me about it so I think I was being warned from the other side not to have it done. On a pratical note kev mate had the operation they want to do to me and so he has been my ginue pig just over a year post op and now the discs above have gone this was one of the things I had been warned about. Its strange Mags but every time I even think about maybe having it done sure enough I get a message one way or another not to
Mel_Kim
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  magssdoc on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:16 am

Mel, this warning was before the first op you had done. I remember I mentioned it to you because we both thought she was wrong to say not to carry on with traditional medicine.
magssdoc
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel_Kim on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:41 pm

magssdoc wrote:Mel, this warning was before the first op you had done. I remember I mentioned it to you because we both thought she was wrong to say not to carry on with traditional medicine.

Mags I wish I would have listened and not had it done just goes to show that we do get important messages and dont act on them to our cost.
Mel_Kim
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down