The Phantom Foxes

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Phantom Foxes
The Phantom Foxes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thunderbird Lodge

2 posters

Go down

Thunderbird Lodge Empty Thunderbird Lodge

Post  Mel_Kim Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:53 am

George Whittell Jr was a very wealthy man who built Thurnderbird Lodge on the shoreline of Lake Tahoe in Nevada.  The Lodge has had many famous visitors stay there including Frank Sinatra who used to play cards at the Lodge.  George Whittell or the Captain as he was often known was very superstious and when a workman was killed falling from a ladder whilst working on a pool he ordered the room to be left as is and sealed up today you can still see the work tools plus ladder at the bottom of this empty pool.

There are said to be a few ghosts at the Lodge one is of a woman in the Boat House area and the Pool house where the workman died is supposed to be haunted plus the tunnels that connect these areas.   The tv show Dead Famous did two shows at this place where they caught EVP's etc and Chris picked up on the upsetting energy of a Cook who was taking trash out to the incinerator and was attached and killed by a bear.  For more information on this fasinating place please see links.

(Thunderbirdge lodge site and history)
http://www.thunderbirdlodge.org/history.html

Dead Famous at Thunderbridge Lodge (all parts are there just keep scrolling down for next part etc)

http://www.extremeghosthunters.com/deadfamous/1-7.html

Last edited by TPF Admin on Mon May 01, 2017 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Non Working links removed)
Mel_Kim
Mel_Kim
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female
Number of posts : 3931
Sceptic Or Believer? : Believer
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Thunderbird Lodge Empty Re: Thunderbird Lodge

Post  magssdoc Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:55 am

I remember watching this on Dead Famous.
It reminded me of a place I visited when I got married.
There are lots of these little hidden gems all over California and Nevada.
The place I visited was Paradise Sprongs, I was told it had belonged to a silent movie star who left it to the people of California and it is now a recreational park.
magssdoc
magssdoc
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female
Number of posts : 5289
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel_Kim Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:58 pm

It looks like a lovely location mind you I would not be worried about the ghosts I would be scared of the Bears. I cant understand why anyone would chance going camping in remote areas like that unless it was in a cabin and even then I would be scared to death. When you went out that way Mags did you see any bears or were you warned to be carefull because of bears etc?
Mel_Kim
Mel_Kim
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  magssdoc Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:08 am

I didn't see any bears but I was with a noisy bunch of kids (five) bigredgrin
but on a serious note, some people are very stupid and don't follow the rules for camping in those areas.
But I did speak to a Ranger there, the park comes under the forest rangers permit. Tony my uncle had asked him why they was no pot belly pigs, to be told that a bear had gotten at their living quarters and killed one of them.
It's a truly lovely place and you would not know about it unless someone who lived there took you.
There is a river for you to fish in, the men who I went with were my aunt's family and they caught fish, and barbequed them on the grills that are provided.
It is such a same that tourists miss this hidden treasure.
magssdoc
magssdoc
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel_Kim Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:25 am

Mags that sounds like a wonderfull place and I would love to go somewhere like that but not camping as I would be worried about bears etc. Mind you I dont camp I went with school and it put me off for life. If its not got electricity and hot running water then forget it Thunderbird Lodge 581248
Mel_Kim
Mel_Kim
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  magssdoc Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 am

We didn't camp although you could and you could stay in a proper teepee, there was little chalet type buildings you could stay in.
magssdoc
magssdoc
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down