The Phantom Foxes

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Phantom Foxes
The Phantom Foxes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

San Francisco California

2 posters

Go down

San Francisco California Empty San Francisco California

Post  magssdoc Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:01 am

The location of the Barbary Coast and the Gold rush of California.
A city wracked by Earthquakes and devastating fires. Where flower power was born. Don't forget the tours for Alcatraz leaving from the Harbour

No info on either of these tours.
www.sfghosthunt.com

www.hauntedhaight.com

Last edited by magssdoc on Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
magssdoc
magssdoc
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female
Number of posts : 5289
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

San Francisco California Empty Ghost stories of San Francisco

Post  magssdoc Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:44 am

Another find on About.com

San Francisco, originally a Spanish mission, of course now a bustling city with a Bay, cable cars and tales of gold rush, a seaport full of travellers seeking a new life.

I've been to Alcatraz, and although the day was a cooler one than we were used to when traveling in California, we were all taken by surprise how cold it was on the island. We had a three month old baby with us, and were panicking about keeping her warm.
You travel on a boat toward the island, and it seems very foreboding as you approach.
It certainly deserves it's mysterious reputation, it is reputed that sounds, strange noises, echoing silence.
I am not surprised that some experience cold spots when visiting Alcatraz, when I went 28 years ago, there was broken windows and vast open areas.
It was a very eerie place to visit, and this was before the tales of hauntings got out.
I do know that the person showing us around, had mentioned that, due to bad weather coming in suddenly the tour would be curtailed but if we wanted to stay we were welcomed to but nothing would induce him to spend the night.

The Curran Theatre
A place were traveling Broadway shows hold their west coast premieres.
The interior of the theatre was french inspired, there is a large mirror in the entry way, and it is said that if you look in the mirror, you occasionally see the reflection of a murdered ticket-taker, killed during a botched robbery.

Sutro Baths
Once the worlds largest indoor swimming establishment, now lies in ruins, first opened for business March 14, 1896.
Legend has it, that if lit candles are placed at the end of the tunnel at night, they will be thrown into the Pacific. No-one knows who does this and so a mystery has built up around the place.

The Queen Anne Hotel
Set on the Pacific Heights, this hotel was once a school for girls.
It said that when the school closed over a 100 years ago, one of the teachers Ms Lake was heartbroken and refused to leave. That when she died she returned to the place she so loved. She is believed to occupy room 410 on the top floor of the hotel.

You can read more about this hotel in Charlyn Keating Chisholm's, About.com's Guide to Hotels, Resorts and Inns.

San Francisco Art Institute
Although not a new building it's foundation was built on top of a former graveyard. Althought the burials were removed before the Institute was founded in 1871, it is said their spirits have stayed behind.
City Hall also experiences 'knocking at the door' type phenomena, this too was built on the site of a cemetery, the Yerba Buena Cemetery.
There is a tour of the City Hall.

Another area that has haunting is the Presidio, the military base at the bottom of the Golden Gate Bridge.
If you are thinking of a holiday in San Francisco, take a moment to look at About.com/SanFransico.
This thread has been modified to prevent copyright violation

Last edited by magssdoc on Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:59 am; edited 3 times in total
magssdoc
magssdoc
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female

Back to top Go down

San Francisco California Empty Re: San Francisco California

Post  Mel_Kim Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:00 pm

Do you know there are more haunted places in the USA that I would love to go to than in the UK odd that I bet there are many in the USA that feel the same about the UK. I would love to go to Alcatraz when my p-i-l went they got a photo and signed book from the youngest guard there Frank Heaney. I would also love to go to the Comedy Store used to be Ciro a gangster hang out and very haunted an so many other places.
Mel_Kim
Mel_Kim
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female
Number of posts : 3931
Sceptic Or Believer? : Believer
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  magssdoc Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:24 am

I know I have said this on here before but there is definetely something about Alcatraz, when I went there it was spooky but the whole family was panicking about keeping my neice warm she was only three months old at the time, and as we went across on the island by boat it suddenly got very cold and remained so.
I would love to go back there, I find the whole area of San Francisco interesting, both from a 'ghostly' and 'historical' point of view.
Between the Great Fire and the Earthquakes, I'm surprised that not more spirits are roaming their streets
magssdoc
magssdoc
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel_Kim Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:27 am

I find the place interesting from a historic and paranormal point as well Mags I read or heard something the other day about it being one of the foggiest places in the world and that the Indians named it a name because of this wish I could remember more it was only last week as well. I think there is something about the place and I so want to go there one day its about the only place on earth I would even think about doing a 10 hour flight for bigredgrin
Mel_Kim
Mel_Kim
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female
Number of posts : 3931
Sceptic Or Believer? : Believer
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  magssdoc Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:39 am

The fog does come down quite quickly, we stopped to take pictures of the bridge and went to the lookout point, by the time we got back in the cars and drove over the bridge, the fog had come down.
magssdoc
magssdoc
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down