The Phantom Foxes

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Phantom Foxes
The Phantom Foxes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bendigo Victoria Australia

2 posters

Go down

Bendigo Victoria Australia Empty Bendigo Victoria Australia

Post  magssdoc Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:25 pm

Another town that owes much to the Gold Rush that Australia saw.

Fortuna Villa is situated on Bendigo's New Chum Reef, is alledged to be haunted by it's first owner George Lansell who was also known as the 'Quartz King' and believed to be responsible for bringing deep tunnel mining to Australia.

The grand looking villa, has been occupied by the Australian Army for fifty years. And the Aussie 'Diggers' known the haunting history, so much so that they did not force anyone to sleep in the main house.

Suprisingly on official army records, is mention of shroud like figures, moving through the kitchen area.
Of hearing a female voice, Bedillia, was the first wife of George Lansell's and is believed to be responsible for the voice, she died in 'uncertain' circumstances during the 1880's, regularly heard in a room situated off the main corridor.
Another occurence mentioned in reports, is of sudden drops and rises in temperature, locked doors opening on their own.

The army's Survey Regiment has been based at Fortuna Villa for several decades now, and a commanding officer has been heard to say that 'There have been too many incidents to dismiss it.' In the cold light of day we can sit in this office, (once the bedroom of George Lansell's bedroom) and laugh about it, but I would suggest to you that at midnight pernhaps you wouldn't be laughing. It's got to the stage where the duty officers will no longer sleep in the main building.'

If you feel braver than the officers of the Australian Army's Survey Regiment you can take the tour that is held on a Sunday at 1pm.
magssdoc
magssdoc
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female
Number of posts : 5289
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Bendigo Victoria Australia Empty Re: Bendigo Victoria Australia

Post  Mel_Kim Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:28 am

Now that sounds pretty haunted to me as you dont get those in the forces talking about ghosts and not wanting to stay in places if it were not very haunted etc. I wonder why alot of ghosts are seen in shrouds etc I wonder if there was some sort of accident or something and the kitchen area which would be cold was used as a temporty mortuary? It shounds like a fab place for an invo but a bit to far to travel bigredgrin
Mel_Kim
Mel_Kim
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female
Number of posts : 3931
Sceptic Or Believer? : Believer
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  magssdoc Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:44 am

Mel it may not actually be a shroud they see.
I'll pm you with what I think it may be.
magssdoc
magssdoc
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female
Number of posts : 5289
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel_Kim Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:57 am

Got your pm hun and replied and I agree with you there bigredgrin
Mel_Kim