The Phantom Foxes

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Phantom Foxes
The Phantom Foxes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghosts of The Caribbean

2 posters

Go down

Ghosts of The Caribbean Empty Ghosts of The Caribbean

Post  Mel_Kim Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:33 pm

Rose Hall Plantation is in Montego Bay.  It is now a luxury hotel but it once was an 18th century sugar plantation which is haunted by the infamous Annie Palmer.  Annie Palmer was the mistress of the plantation and known for being a White Witch of Jamaica who practiced voodoo when not  mistreating slaves.  She is also said to have murdered several rich husbands.  Voices are heard and footsteps and the sound of children crying are heard.

In Haiti you will find the Port au Prince cemetery where it has been said many have seen full body apparitions.  Some have seen the ghosts of decomposing bodies.  In recent years graves have been robed of casket handles and shoes and anything that can be salvaged I wonder if its this ghastly trade that has angered the ghosts.

The most famous of cases of the paranormal in the Caribbean is the Chase family Crypt in Christchurch Barbados.  When a family member died and the crypt was opened coffins were found to have been moved and even when the crypt was sealed with mortar and sand put on the floor to try and catch whatever was moving the coffins the mortar was seen to be intact but the coffins still moved violently around.  The crypt now remains empty and the mystery to this has never been solved.  (please not there is a separate thread to do with the Chase Crypt on TPF.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chase_Vault

http://www.slightlywarped.com/crapfactory/awesomemysteries/movingcoffins.htm

Last edited by TPF Admin on Mon May 01, 2017 4:30 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : removing non working links and adding two that do)
Mel_Kim
Mel_Kim
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female
Number of posts : 3931
Sceptic Or Believer? : Believer
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Ghosts of The Caribbean Empty Re: Ghosts of The Caribbean

Post  magssdoc Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:01 am

I never realised that the crypt had belonged to someone else before the Chase family.
Perhaps Mrs Goddard didn't like to share her resting place with anyone.

Mel, your first link is mainly about the white witch in the Narnia books, did you mean that link?
magssdoc
magssdoc
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female
Number of posts : 5289
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Mel_Kim Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:51 am

Thats really weird I checked the link and then just re done it i.e. found the right page etc and link but once you click on it it takes you to Narnia page I have changed the link now to another one bigredgrin

I always thought it was the restless ghost of Mrs Goddard as well its a very strange case.
Mel_Kim
Mel_Kim
Phantom Fox
Phantom Fox

Female
Number of posts : 3931
Sceptic Or Believer? : Believer
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content